Salads are not just for lunch or dinner. A hearty salad can be an amazing way to start any day, and salads are quick and easy to put together. Personally, I can eat an oozing, gooey egg on anything, and mixed with the creamy avocado and crunchy bacon, it is the perfect way to start a day.
PREP 10 minutes
COOK 5 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 5 ounces organic mixed greens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pink Himalayan salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 5 grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and chopped
1. In a small saucepan filled with water over high heat, bring the water to a boil. Put the eggs on to soft boil, turn the heat down to medium-high, and cook for about 6 minutes.
2. While the eggs are cooking, toss the mixed greens with the olive oil and season with pink Himalayan salt and pepper. Divide the dressed greens between two bowls.
3. Top the greens with the avocado slices, grape tomatoes, and bacon.
4. When the eggs are done, peel them, halve them, and place two halves on top of each salad. Season with more pink Himalayan salt and pepper and serve.
Fresh spinach or fresh kale trimmed and stemmed and massaged with olive oil to tenderize it, would also be a delicious base for this salad.
Per Batch Calories: 890; Total Fat: 77g; Carbs: 36g; Net Carbs: 7g; Fiber: 12g; Protein: 36g
Per Serving Calories: 445; Total Fat: 39g; Carbs: 18g; Net Carbs: 4g; Fiber: 6g; Protein: 18g